IQAC room, Grievance Redressal Unit, Womenâ€™s Study Centre, Counselling and Career
Guidance, Placement Cell, Health Room, Canteen and Recreation Room safe drinking
water for the faculty and the students.
1. IQAC Room
2. A cupboard, table and chair
3. 01 Laptop, 01 Printer
4. Wi-Fi Connection
5. A Separate Notice Board
Grievance Redressal Unit
1. Housed in W.S.C Unit
2. 1 Cupboard
3. Shared Computer
Womenâ€™s Study Centre
Counselling and Career Guidance
1. Separate Unit
2. One Table, Chair
3. One Cupboard
4. One Laptop (Shared)
Shared CCG Unit
Health Centre, NSS
1. 1 Bed, weight machine, stethoscope
2. 1 Wheelchair
3. Medical Report, health card
4. First-aid Box, BP Check-up equipment
College canteen with basic amenities
1. One seminar hall with well-equipped facilities
2. Dias, mike, system, HD LED projector etc.
3. Seating capacity of 200
1. Seating Capacity of 150
2. Dias, mike, system, projector etc.
1. Multi-speciality equipments
2. Practise of yoga
In the library
1. Laptops (2)
2. Books on Research Methodology
3. MLA, APA, Chicago Style sheets
5. E-books in PDF, Word and other formats
4.2 Library as a Learning Resource
4.2.1 Does the library have an Advisory Committee? Specify the composition of such
a committee. What significant initiatives have been implemented by the committee
to render the library, student/user friendly?
Yes, the library has a Library Advisory Committee which has been formed according
to statutes. It comprises of the Principal, senior faculty members, librarian and
a technical staff. Meetings are held periodically, the agenda for which is prepared.
Matters of importance like factors affecting the growth of the library are discussed.
Innovative ideas for its development, suggestions and solutions for problems are
taken into consideration.
Composition of the Library Advisory Committee
The Library Advisory Committee
Dr. Rajendra Shendage
Dr. Tukaram V. Shinde
Mrs. Savita Mallade
Dr. Sanjay Landage
Dr. Ashok Yakkaldevi
Dr. Shinde T. N.
Mrs. Ranjana Bansude
Dr. Panchappa Waghmare
Mr. Satyanarayana Gajeli
The Advisory Committee mostly supervises and advises the librarian in those matters
where public participation may prove to be useful. It attempts to bring better understanding
of the utility of the library among users. The committee meets frequently to decide
library budget and purchase of books, as well as the library access, use and security
of library resources.
Following are the responsibilities of Library Advisory Committee:
a) To take policy decisions regarding smooth working and running of library.
b) To prepare budget for library requirements and ensure purchases are made according
to the budget.
c) To take decisions about maintenance, write off of books & project reports.
d) To provide support as an interpreter of the requirements of the library to the
community and authorities and thus make an appeal for more funds.
e) Provide support to the librarian to defend important decisions having implications
for the users.
f) Bring better understanding of the role of the library among users.
g) Serve as an interpreter of the requirements of the library to the community and
authorities and thus make an appeal for more funds.
h) Take necessary action on feed backs obtained from stack holders.
i) The library has an advisory committee comprising of Principal, Convenor (senior
faculty), Librarian and fivefaculty as members of the committee.
j) The Library Committee allocates the library budget for the academic year from
the collection made from the library fees paid by the students at the time of admissions
together with the other UGC Grants.
k) The Librarian plans the budget allocation and executes as per the recommendations
made by the Library Committee.
l) The total budget is allocated Department wise/ Subject wise.
m) The library committee decides about the Book purchasing policy.
n) The library follows the Open Access system for all its users.
o) Semi-Automation of library services.
p) Book exhibitions are arranged periodically. For example on the occasion of Shiv
Jayanti, books on Shivaji Maharaj were displayed and a talk was delivered.
q) Shri. Bhogishayana, Former V.C. Shivaji University, Kolhapur, has donated more
than 1000 books on English language and literature to our library.
r) New arrivals are displayed on the NEW ARRIVALS RACK regularly.
Significant initiatives taken to make the library user friendly are:
1. Diverse Competitions: Competitions to provide a platform to the students to share
their writing skills in form of poems, book reviews and short stories.
2. Special Counselling: Special counselling sessions are held periodically for library
attendance for their overall development (professional and personal), to make them
confident to face the library user queries.
3. Orientation Programs for Students and Teachers: The Librarian selects student
volunteers for various activities. Regular orientations are conducted on â€œHow to
Use Library and its Servicesâ€.
4. Resources: Periodicals, CD - DVDs received with a book, social documentary, movies
5. Tablets: Six tabs are kept in the library and students can use them.
6. Donated Books: Teachers donate books to the library on their birthdays.
7. Wi-Fi Facility: Wi-Fi facility in the library for staff and students.
8. Book Bank Facility: Book bank scheme for needy students.
9. INFLIBNET and N List: Effective online use of N List, INFLIBNET by provision
of password to all staff and students
10. Notice Board: Information deployment on notice board
11. Bar Coding System: Bar coding of books
12. Book Review: Students are encouraged to read books and write a review of the
13. Interlibrary loan service
14. Collection of Ph. D. thesis and Research Projects of Faculty
15. Provision of library facility for research students (even from other institutes)
16. Assistance to students and staff in accessing e-sources